Translation of girl in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (baby, child) niña (feminine), nena (feminine) (especially River Plate area/especialmente Río de la Plata) don't cry, you're a big girl now no llores, ya eres (una niña) grande stand up to him, you're a big girl now [humorous/humorístico] hazle frente, ya eres grandecita [humorous/humorístico] girls' school colegio (masculine) de niñas don't ever do that again, my girl! no vuelvas a hacer eso ¿me oyes?Example sentences1.2 (young woman) chica (feminine), muchacha (feminine) an English girl una chica or muchacha inglesa
- What then happens to efforts to increase female literacy and encourage girls to go to school?
- Schools were segregated and male teachers were replaced by females at girls ' schools.
- He and a female pedestrian comforted the girl at the roadside, and contacted the police.
- Because the Burman traditionally do not date, it is difficult for young boys and girls to meet.
- In years gone by a young man and a young girl would meet and like what they saw and would start to go out with each other.
- While sneaking out of work I met two young girls, around the ages fourteen and fifteen.
- 2 2.1 (daughter) hija (feminine), niña (feminine) my eldest/youngest girl mi hija mayor/menor I have two little girls tengo dos hijas or niñas pequeñas the Jones girls las chicas or hijas de los Jones 2.2 (girlfriend, sweetheart) [colloquial/familiar] novia (feminine), chica (feminine)Example sentences2.3 (friend, colleague) amiga (feminine) she's gone out with the girls ha salido con las amigas the girls at the office las chicas de la oficina (before noun/delante del nombre) girl talk conversaciones (feminine plural) de mujeres 2.4 (employee) chica (feminine), muchacha (feminine) checkout girl cajera (feminine)
- The worst moment was when I rang up one day to take out my daughter and my girl refused to let me see her, because of the mess that I was in.
- Coachman Tom and his girl Nance were due to marry when she left him for another.
- He was such a nice lad at university, and there he was gleefully encouraging the undercover reporter girl to con the electorate.
- According to the police, he had been secretly baptized by a Gentile servant girl years before.
- Elijah put away his weapon and exchanged glances with the Prince and the young slave girl.
- She has five grandchildren, her daughter's two girls and her son's three boys.
- They enjoyed a break away with their daughter Samantha and her twin girls Rebecca and Crystal.
- I have a lot of issues about my ex girlfriend and my little girl.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.