Translation of girl in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (baby, child)don't cry, you're a big girl nownena (feminine) (especially River Plate area)stand up to him, you're a big girl now [humorous]no llores, ya eres (una niña) grandegirls' schoolhazle frente, ya eres grandecita [humorous]don't ever do that again, my girl!colegio (masculine) de niñasno vuelvas a hacer eso ¿me oyes?Example sentences1.2 (young woman) an English girl
una chica or muchacha inglesaExample sentences
- What then happens to efforts to increase female literacy and encourage girls to go to school?
- Schools were segregated and male teachers were replaced by females at girls ' schools.
- He and a female pedestrian comforted the girl at the roadside, and contacted the police.
- Because the Burman traditionally do not date, it is difficult for young boys and girls to meet.
- In years gone by a young man and a young girl would meet and like what they saw and would start to go out with each other.
- While sneaking out of work I met two young girls, around the ages fourteen and fifteen.
- 2 2.1 (daughter)my eldest/youngest girlhija (feminine)I have two little girlsmi hija mayor/menorthe Jones girlstengo dos hijas or niñas pequeñas2.2 (girlfriend, sweetheart) [colloquial]las chicas or hijas de los Jonesnovia (feminine)Example sentences2.3 (friend, colleague)
she's gone out with the girlsamiga (feminine)the girls at the officeha salido con las amigas(before noun) girl talklas chicas de la oficina2.4 (employee) checkout girlconversaciones (feminine plural) de mujerescajera (feminine)Example sentences
- The worst moment was when I rang up one day to take out my daughter and my girl refused to let me see her, because of the mess that I was in.
- Coachman Tom and his girl Nance were due to marry when she left him for another.
- He was such a nice lad at university, and there he was gleefully encouraging the undercover reporter girl to con the electorate.
- According to the police, he had been secretly baptized by a Gentile servant girl years before.
- Elijah put away his weapon and exchanged glances with the Prince and the young slave girl.
- She has five grandchildren, her daughter's two girls and her son's three boys.
- They enjoyed a break away with their daughter Samantha and her twin girls Rebecca and Crystal.
- I have a lot of issues about my ex girlfriend and my little girl.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.