Translation of girl in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (baby, child)nena (feminine) (esp River Plate area)don't cry, you're a big girl nowno llores, ya eres (una niña) grandestand up to him, you're a big girl now [humorous]hazle frente, ya eres grandecita [humorous]girls' schoolcolegio (masculine) de niñasdon't ever do that again, my girl!no vuelvas a hacer eso ¿me oyes?Example sentences1.2 (young woman) an English girl
una chica or muchacha inglesaExample sentences
- What then happens to efforts to increase female literacy and encourage girls to go to school?
- Schools were segregated and male teachers were replaced by females at girls ' schools.
- He and a female pedestrian comforted the girl at the roadside, and contacted the police.
- Because the Burman traditionally do not date, it is difficult for young boys and girls to meet.
- In years gone by a young man and a young girl would meet and like what they saw and would start to go out with each other.
- While sneaking out of work I met two young girls, around the ages fourteen and fifteen.
- 2 2.1 (daughter)hija (feminine)my eldest/youngest girl
niña (feminine)mi hija mayor/menorI have two little girlstengo dos hijas or niñas pequeñasthe Jones girlslas chicas or hijas de los JonesExample sentences2.2 (girlfriend, sweetheart) [colloquial]
- She has five grandchildren, her daughter's two girls and her son's three boys.
- They enjoyed a break away with their daughter Samantha and her twin girls Rebecca and Crystal.
- I have a lot of issues about my ex girlfriend and my little girl.
chica (feminine)Example sentences2.3 (friend, colleague)
amiga (feminine)she's gone out with the girlsha salido con las amigasthe girls at the officelas chicas de la oficina(before noun) girl talkconversaciones (feminine plural) de mujeresExample sentences2.4 (employee) checkout girl
- The worst moment was when I rang up one day to take out my daughter and my girl refused to let me see her, because of the mess that I was in.
- Coachman Tom and his girl Nance were due to marry when she left him for another.
- He was such a nice lad at university, and there he was gleefully encouraging the undercover reporter girl to con the electorate.
- According to the police, he had been secretly baptized by a Gentile servant girl years before.
- Elijah put away his weapon and exchanged glances with the Prince and the young slave girl.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.