Translation of girth in Spanish:
- 1 c and u (of person, object) circunferencia (feminine) his ample girth [humorous/humorístico] su contorno voluminoso [humorous/humorístico]Example sentences
- I look tiny compared to the immense girth that I am now sporting.
- No doubt contributing to her girth was the circumstance of having borne her royal lover six children.
- 2 countable/numerable [Riding] cincha (feminine)Example sentences
- So even if the girth gives, the saddle will stay on the horse's back.
- Leading him to a tree and commanding him to halt she hefted the saddle on and fastened the girth.
- Put the saddle on the horse, but don't tighten the girth too much right away.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
El Cid (from Arabic "sid" or "master") was the name given to Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar (born Vivar, near Burgos, c1043). He is Spain's warrior hero, being brave and warlike but also loyal and fair. He grew up in the court of Fernando I of Castile and later fought against the Moors, earning the title, Campeador. He married Jimena, granddaughter of Alfonso VI, "the Wise." In 1089, after a disagreement with the king, he and his loyal retainers went into exile, recapturing Valencia from the Moors. He died in 1099 and his deeds are the subject of many oral accounts, the most complete being El Cantar del Mío Cid. His sword, La Tizona, is in a museum in Burgos.