Translation of giveaway in Spanish:
- 1 (evidence) his reaction was a dead giveawaysu reacción lo delatóher accent is a real giveawayel acento la delata or [colloquial] la vende
- 2 2.1 (free gift) the aid program is nothing more than a giant giveaway [pejorative]el programa de ayudas no es más que un despilfarro sin sentido(before noun) a giveaway budgetun presupuesto que beneficia al contribuyente (rebajando impuestos etc)at giveaway pricesa precio de regaloExample sentences2.2 (something easily done, obtained) that last question was a giveaway
la última pregunta estaba regalada or tirada [colloquial]
- At the ABC's internal local radio awards, the gong for best promotion went to a giveaway of a free trip to France.
- Free giveaways for the first 100 people at each campus.
- That probably doesn't mean shattered windows and office occupations, but more likely petitions and free food giveaways like one held last March.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.