Translation of giveaway in Spanish:
- 1 (evidence) his reaction was a dead giveaway su reacción lo delató her accent is a real giveaway el acento la delata or [colloquial/familiar] la vende
- 2 2.1 (free gift) regalo (masculine) the aid program is nothing more than a giant giveaway [pejorative/peyorativo] el programa de ayudas no es más que un despilfarro sin sentido (before noun/delante del nombre) a giveaway budget un presupuesto que beneficia al contribuyente ([ rebajando impuestos etc ]) at giveaway prices a precio de regalo 2.2 (sth easily done, obtained) that last question was a giveaway la última pregunta estaba regalada or tirada [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- At the ABC's internal local radio awards, the gong for best promotion went to a giveaway of a free trip to France.
- Free giveaways for the first 100 people at each campus.
- That probably doesn't mean shattered windows and office occupations, but more likely petitions and free food giveaways like one held last March.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...