Translation of giveaway in Spanish:
- 1 (evidence) See examples: his reaction was a dead giveawayher accent is a real giveawaysu reacción lo delatóel acento la delata or [colloquial] la vende
- 2 2.1 (free gift) the aid program is nothing more than a giant giveaway [pejorative](before noun) a giveaway budgetel programa de ayudas no es más que un despilfarro sin sentidoat giveaway pricesun presupuesto que beneficia al contribuyente(rebajando impuestos etc)2.2 (something easily done, obtained) See examples: that last question was a giveawaya precio de regalola última pregunta estaba regalada or tirada [colloquial]Example sentences
- At the ABC's internal local radio awards, the gong for best promotion went to a giveaway of a free trip to France.
- Free giveaways for the first 100 people at each campus.
- That probably doesn't mean shattered windows and office occupations, but more likely petitions and free food giveaways like one held last March.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the