Translation of glance in Spanish:
- at first glance I could tell at a glance that …without so much as a backward glancecon solo echar un vistazo me di cuenta de que …they exchanged furtive glancessin siquiera volver la vista atrásshe shot o threw me a warning glancese miraron disimuladamenteto take a glance at somethingme lanzó una mirada de advertenciahe cast a quick glance over the headlinesecharle or darle un vistazo a algoecharle una ojeada a algoles echó una rápida ojeada a los titularesExample sentences
- The briefest of glances in her direction found her to be still looking at me, still silent.
- This is but a brief glance back into how our ancestors managed to live without electricity or many of the mod cons we have today.
- I waited for a few girls to come down the stairs, smiled distractedly at their approving glances, and then hurried upstairs.
- she glanced from the one to the otherto glancesu mirada iba de uno a otro
atsomethingto glanceecharle una ojeada aalgoecharle or darle un vistazo aalgo atsomebodyshe glanced up from her bookecharle una mirada aalguienhe glanced over his shoulderlevantó la vista del libro por un momentowould you mind just glancing over this report?echó un vistazo por encima del hombroshe glanced round¿le darías un vistazo a este informe?he glanced toward her/in her directionmiró hacia atrásdirigió la mirada hacia ella/hacia donde ella estabaExample sentences
- I saw him frown and I watched, as it grew deeper when he glanced at me for a moment before glancing back down at the photo.
- I glanced at a kid that looked about my age who was glancing around nervously until he saw me looking at him and gave me a hard look.
- He gave a sigh of relief as she glanced at him and gave him a small smile, then glanced back down at the floor and blushed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.