- mirada (feminine) at first glance a primera vista I could tell at a glance that … con solo echar un vistazo me di cuenta de que … without so much as a backward glance sin siquiera volver la vista atrás they exchanged furtive glances se miraron disimuladamente she shot o threw me a warning glance me lanzó una mirada de advertencia to take a glance at sth echarle or darle* un vistazo a algo, echarle una ojeada a algo he cast a quick glance over the headlines les echó una rápida ojeada a los titularesMore example sentences
- The briefest of glances in her direction found her to be still looking at me, still silent.
- This is but a brief glance back into how our ancestors managed to live without electricity or many of the mod cons we have today.
- I waited for a few girls to come down the stairs, smiled distractedly at their approving glances, and then hurried upstairs.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- mirar she glanced from the one to the other su mirada iba de uno a otro to glance
atsth echarle una ojeada aalgo, echarle or darle* un vistazo aalgo to glance atsb echarle una mirada aalgn she glanced up from her book levantó la vista del libro por un momento he glanced over his shoulder echó un vistazo por encima del hombro would you mind just glancing over this report? ¿le darías un vistazo a este informe? she glanced round miró hacia atrás he glanced toward her/in her direction dirigió la mirada hacia ella/hacia donde ella estaba
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.