Translation of gland in Spanish:
- 1.1 (organ) glándula (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (lymph node) ganglio (masculine) my glands are swollen tengo los ganglios inflamados
- It releases stimulating hormones that signal the thyroid gland, adrenal glands, ovaries and testes, directing them to produce their respective hormones.
- A CT scan, however, reveals these bones and organs as well as your pancreas, adrenal glands, ureters and blood vessels - all with a higher degree of precision.
- Hypoplasia of other organs, such as the adrenal glands, kidney, pituitary gland, and thymus, may also be attributed to tetraploidy.
- Mumps is caused by a virus and symptoms include swollen glands, pain when chewing and fever.
- Other symptoms might include swollen glands, fever, recurring sore throat, memory impairment and/or sleep problems.
- ‘My father had experienced flu-like symptoms and swollen glands for a while before diagnosis,’ Rob recalled.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas