- 1.1 (on pottery, brick, tiles) vidriado (m)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (on fabric, leather, paper) glaseado (m)
- People learn how to hand decorate a collection of unglazed pottery with water-based glazes.
- My new pots are clay and are finished with a decorative glaze.
- Strontium sulfate is sometimes used to produce iridescence in glass and pottery glazes, and can also be used as a fining agent (to remove bubbles in the molten glass) in crystal glass.
More example sentences1.3 [Culin] glaseado (m)
- The scabbard was decorated with patterns much similar to that of the hilt, and was enameled in a smooth glaze.
- He made a number of vases with opaque white glazes applied over mat green, blue, and white glazes.
- It is then fabric-painted and polished to give it a glaze before being fixed on the base object.
More example sentences
- When used in media such as egg tempera these pigments are insufficiently transparent to make true glazes.
- Apply the crackle glaze at the thickness that worked best for you when you did your test samples.
- I use wax to then apply a gloss glaze over an area in a different manner.
- Succulent beef was grilled and marinated in a spicy glaze then tossed with hot chilies, fresh cilantro leaves, and cooling slices of cucumbers.
- Lobster bisque is solid, but the lobster roll is mushy, gaining zippola from a pepper glaze.
- Use a spoon to spread a little glaze on each bun, in the shape of a cross.
- 1 (fit with glass) [building] acristalar to glaze a window/door ponerle* vidrio(s) or (Esp) cristal(es) a una ventana/puertaMore example sentences
- Upstairs, etched glass light wells diffuse luminance into the restaurant and glazed screens enclose private rooms.
- The long, glazed facade provides uninterrupted views of the track and city skyline beyond.
- Two three-storey blocks of offices flank a central glazed atrium.
- 2 (make shiny, glossy) 2.1 [pottery/tiles/brick] vidriar 2.2 [Print] [Tex] [fabric/leather/paper] glasear 2.3 [Culin] [fruit/carrots/ham/pastry] glasearMore example sentences
- The crockery is fired and glazed earthenware and the cutlery an inexpensive style.
- The kiln that glazed them must have been the size of a bus.
- The second evening will involve painting and glazing the pottery piece.
glaze (over)[eyes] vidriarseMore example sentences
- Here, my eyes would glaze over as I flash backed to the summer I spent putting little purple microdot tabs of mescaline in my mouth, waiting for that hallucinatory high.
- But tell me, are your eyes starting to glaze over?
- Before your eyes glaze over and you run screaming to the mall, $4.50 latte in hand, think for a moment about how you will pay your bills when your career ends.