Translation of gleam in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [metal/blade/shoes] relucir*, brillar; [eyes/hair] brillarExample sentences
- The stars gleaming and moon shining lit my way to the secluded hill as the noise of everyone behind me faded.
- A light flickered, then a red flare seemed to gleam brightly.
- As he looked at me, he flashed a seemingly perfect smile, his straight white teeth gleamed in the light.
- Silver metallic surfaces gleamed at him from every angle, a tangled heap of wires residing around five power ports in a row.
- The rich, dark, walnut surface gleamed like glass, the china and silver twinkling in the light cast from two huge candelabra.
- Smooth polished oak flooring gleamed in the afternoon light flooding in from the open windows.
- It unnerved him when she looked at him with fear gleaming in her eyes.
- Krystal looked at him once, with disappointment gleaming wetly in her eyes.
- All I ever wanted in life was to make them proud, to see them smiling at me, pride gleaming in their eyes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.