Translation of glide in Spanish:
- 1 (move smoothly)(person/dancer/door)the skater glided over the ice
deslizarseel patinador se deslizaba sobre el hielothe duchess glided into the roomla duquesa entró majestuosamente en la habitaciónthe waiters glided among the tableslos camareros se movían con fluidez por entre las mesasExample sentences
- But she glided effortlessly past, clearly unimpressed.
- I watched him move across the kitchen, gliding in a perfect motion.
- I remember skating at night on empty outdoor rinks, gliding on the smooth surface in long arcs.
- Slowly, I made my way downstairs, gliding my hand along the smooth wooden banister.
- Those of us who weren't heavy breathing had gone one stage further and were gliding a loving hand over the smooth, rounded bonnet.
- She dared me to go for some red lipstick, so I smoothed some chapstick on, then glided the blood-red stuff onto my lips.
- 2 2.1(bird/plane/glider)
Example sentences2.2 (pilot a glider)
- The aircraft then glided to a splashdown into the Pacific Ocean.
- After the successful test flight, Altair glided to a landing on the remote desert runway.
- I remember kicking off the side of the aircraft, gliding, and then popping my flotation.
volar sin motor
- Both circled high over the estuary, sharply-pointed wings alternately flapping and gliding as the great birds searched for ducks and waders.
- An owl glided nearby, wings whispering upon the darkness, huge eyes searching for slight movements in the sea of darkness.
- In flight the wings have a ragged, moth-like appearance as this bird glides to and fro at a tremendous height.
- 1 (movement)(through air) planeo (masculine)(over ground, ice) deslizamiento (masculine)Example sentences
- Then everything seemed to become compact and streamlined, his pace would quicken into a glide, rather than a sprint, and he would hit the ball like a smooth rock and be gone.
- It's still the thing kids learn to write with and it's the writing instrument favored by artists, architects and others who like the buttery glide of soft lead.
- But I figure that this will at least give me some frame of reference for the real thing, and that a leisurely glide down this course will permit me a small measure of confidence.
- Included in the presentation was video from the most recent SS1 glide flight, which took place just three days earlier.
- Then an eleven mile glide to the next good thermal.
- The wind was already blowing in a favorable direction so it took only the barest hint of his power to begin his glide.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.