Translation of glider in Spanish:
- 1 (Aviation) 1.1 (plane) (before noun) glider pilotpiloto (masculine or feminine) de planeadorExample sentences1.2 (person)
piloto (masculine or feminine) de vuelo sin motorExample sentences
- While most gliders are towed, then released, by a powered aircraft, some gliders are equipped with engine power to reach their target altitude.
- Prior to this time, he had been concerned with gliders and fixed-wing aircraft and, in 1918, designed a tri-motor bomber for the Spanish Air Force.
- Using gliders, helicopters, remote-controlled models, micro-light aircraft and balloons the filmmakers were able to get the stunning footage.
- Like more familiar gliders, such as flying squirrels, flying snakes are not actually able to fly upward.
- And like flying squirrels, these anomalurids are accomplished gliders, leaping from the tops of trees and capable of agile bends and changes of direction.
- That principle is also at work in the spread between the feathers on the wing tips of the best low-speed gliders, such as vultures and hawks.
- 2 (swinging seat)(American English)
mecedora (feminine)Example sentences
- She flopped back down into the glider, setting it swinging wildly for a moment.
- Music leaked softly from the windows behind him, when he'd resumed his seat on the glider.
- He sat back down on the porch glider, and continued with his widdle work.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.