- 1 [Aviation/Aviación] 1.1 (plane) planeador (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) glider pilot piloto (masculine and feminine) de planeadorMore example sentences1.2 (person) piloto (masculine and feminine) de vuelo sin motor
More example sentences
- While most gliders are towed, then released, by a powered aircraft, some gliders are equipped with engine power to reach their target altitude.
- Prior to this time, he had been concerned with gliders and fixed-wing aircraft and, in 1918, designed a tri-motor bomber for the Spanish Air Force.
- Using gliders, helicopters, remote-controlled models, micro-light aircraft and balloons the filmmakers were able to get the stunning footage.
- Like more familiar gliders, such as flying squirrels, flying snakes are not actually able to fly upward.
- And like flying squirrels, these anomalurids are accomplished gliders, leaping from the tops of trees and capable of agile bends and changes of direction.
- That principle is also at work in the spread between the feathers on the wing tips of the best low-speed gliders, such as vultures and hawks.
- 2 (swinging seat) (American English/inglés norteamericano) mecedora (feminine)More example sentences
- She flopped back down into the glider, setting it swinging wildly for a moment.
- Music leaked softly from the windows behind him, when he'd resumed his seat on the glider.
- He sat back down on the porch glider, and continued with his widdle work.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.