Translation of glimmer in Spanish:
- (candles/fireflies/lanterns)the stream glimmers in the moonlight
brillar con luz trémulala luz de la luna cabrillea en el arroyo [literary]Example sentences
- It was sundown, the skies were dark orange, the temple and its worshippers glimmered in pools of light and dark.
- His short blond hair glimmered in the light which shone into the walkways and halls.
- Her spectacles caught the light from somewhere and glimmered under the straight blonde of her hair.
- 1.1 (of candle, light)luz (feminine) débil or tenue y trémula1.2 (of understanding) there's a glimmer of hopehay un rayo or un rayito de esperanzaExample sentences
- Yesterday, there was a small glimmer of hope when there was a sign that his liver function may have started to come back but it is still well below the levels needed to pull him through.
- There are glimmers, small indicators and little signs that our country might be starting to find its feet again and our policies making an impact.
- The spirit of the holiday may be getting lost in all this back and forth, but there may be a faint glimmer of hope.
- The desolate plains seemed to end and, I could've sworn I had imagined it, but there seemed to be a faint glimmer of light on the horizon.
- Even in what seems to be the darkest hour, there's a faint glimmer of light.
- Ahead in the tunnel he could see a faint glimmer of light against the water, and could smell the air freshening.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.