Translation of glimmer in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [candles/fireflies/lanterns] brillar con luz trémula the stream glimmers in the moonlight la luz de la luna cabrillea en el arroyo [literary/literario]Example sentences
- It was sundown, the skies were dark orange, the temple and its worshippers glimmered in pools of light and dark.
- His short blond hair glimmered in the light which shone into the walkways and halls.
- Her spectacles caught the light from somewhere and glimmered under the straight blonde of her hair.
- 1.1 (of candle, light) luz (feminine) débil or tenue y trémula 1.2 (of understanding) atisbo (masculine) there's a glimmer of hope hay un rayo or un rayito de esperanza
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Crianza is a term which refers both to the process of ageing wines, and to a category of wines, vinos de crianza, which have been aged for a minimum of two years, first in barrels or the more modern stainless steel tanks, and then in the bottle.