- 1.1 (sparkle) (no plural) 1.2 uncountable (superficial brilliance)Example sentences1.3 uncountable (decoration)
- Today's more tech-experienced teachers are also more able to see beyond a presentation's extra glitter to the quality of learning within.
- I think the whole concept of highlighting the servicing character of a hospital stems from an over-preoccupation with superficial glitter.
- The more complex question is why some sports performers have that factor X which adds glitter to quality and makes a mere player into a personality.
brillantes (masculine plural) (Argentina)
brillantina (feminine) (Urug) (Venezuela)
brillo (masculine) (Chile)Example sentences
- It smells softly of rose and contains tiny pieces of fairy glitter designed to sparkle subtly - guaranteed to make you look like the cat's miaow.
- Just tiny little sparkles of glitter on it that makes it so pretty.
- Once upstairs, she found a wooden door marked with an A4 piece of cartridge paper, decorated with glitter and sequins and spelling out her first name in finger-painted letters.
- My first cat, Jimmy, loved to lie under the tree and gently bat one particular ornament back and forth between his paws to watch the glitter shimmer on its blue surface.
- The sun's rays kiss the body of the mountains as the frosts on the grass melts and the dew drops on the flower sparkle like a diamond to the glitter of light.
- A head was peering out at him from around the end of one of the rows, long shiny hair, a glitter of eyes reflecting the light on the table.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.