- 1 (sparkle) (no plural)Example sentences
- My first cat, Jimmy, loved to lie under the tree and gently bat one particular ornament back and forth between his paws to watch the glitter shimmer on its blue surface.
- The sun's rays kiss the body of the mountains as the frosts on the grass melts and the dew drops on the flower sparkle like a diamond to the glitter of light.
- A head was peering out at him from around the end of one of the rows, long shiny hair, a glitter of eyes reflecting the light on the table.
- 2 uncountable (superficial brilliance)Example sentences
- Today's more tech-experienced teachers are also more able to see beyond a presentation's extra glitter to the quality of learning within.
- I think the whole concept of highlighting the servicing character of a hospital stems from an over-preoccupation with superficial glitter.
- The more complex question is why some sports performers have that factor X which adds glitter to quality and makes a mere player into a personality.
- 3 uncountable (decoration)purpurina (feminine)
brillantes (masculine plural) (Argentina)
brillantina (feminine) (Uruguay) (Venezuela)
brillo (masculine) (Chile)Example sentences
- It smells softly of rose and contains tiny pieces of fairy glitter designed to sparkle subtly - guaranteed to make you look like the cat's miaow.
- Just tiny little sparkles of glitter on it that makes it so pretty.
- Once upstairs, she found a wooden door marked with an A4 piece of cartridge paper, decorated with glitter and sequins and spelling out her first name in finger-painted letters.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.