Translation of gloomy in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (-mier, -miest)
- 1.1 (dark) [day] sombrío; [place] sombrío, lúgubreExample sentences1.2 (dismal) [atmosphere/person/look] lúgubre, fúnebre; [prospect] nada halagüeño I'm feeling gloomy today hoy estoy bajo de moral 1.3 (pessimistic) [prediction/forecast] pesimista, negativo she takes a gloomy view of everything todo lo ve negro
- The limo windows were tinted, making it appear dark and gloomy outside.
- She thought of Mae to grant her some more confidence, as she approached the last door in the dark and gloomy corridor.
- The supernatural thriller takes place in the gloomy, dark dismal backwoods outside New Orleans.
- It cast a gloomy atmosphere around the station, which did not enhance her mood.
- Yet fewer still are - in private - able to hide their sense of gloomy despondency.
- So it is with the man himself: an essential sweetness of nature pickled in a brine of gloomy despondency.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.