Translation of gloomy in Spanish:
adjective -mier, -miest
- 1.1 (dark)(day)
sombríoExample sentences1.2 (dismal)
(prospect)I'm feeling gloomy today
- The limo windows were tinted, making it appear dark and gloomy outside.
- She thought of Mae to grant her some more confidence, as she approached the last door in the dark and gloomy corridor.
- The supernatural thriller takes place in the gloomy, dark dismal backwoods outside New Orleans.
nada halagüeñohoy estoy bajo de moralExample sentences1.3 (pessimistic) she takes a gloomy view of everything
todo lo ve negro
- It cast a gloomy atmosphere around the station, which did not enhance her mood.
- Yet fewer still are - in private - able to hide their sense of gloomy despondency.
- So it is with the man himself: an essential sweetness of nature pickled in a brine of gloomy despondency.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.