Translation of glorious in Spanish:
- 1.1 (wonderful) [sight/view/weather] maravilloso, espléndido, soberbio I had the glorious feeling that … tuve la maravillosa sensación de que … some glorious howlers [ironic] unos errores garrafales or mayúsculos, unos errores de antología [irónico]Example sentences1.2 (deserving glory) [victory/deed] glorioso we are gathered to honor the glorious dead nos hemos reunido para honrar a los caídos por la patria
- Sure, his inner beauty might be glorious, but visually he's more like a Quasimodo.
- For sure it has a wealth of exceptional buildings and a glorious urban beauty.
- He stood there for a few minutes looking onto the glorious beauty of the forest below.
- It was a glorious way to bring up the century for the season.
- Then this beginning expanded, building itself a palace, worthy of glorious praise.
- That glorious event will finally bring life, light, fire and love to their complete fruition.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to