Translation of glory in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ries)
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (fame) gloria (feminine) I mustn't take all the glory, everybody helped el mérito no es solo mío, todos me ayudaron she deserved more of the glory than she in fact received se merecía más honores de los que de hecho recibió I'm entitled to bask in a little reflected glory tengo derecho a disfrutar un poco del triunfo ajeno to cover oneself with o (in British English also/en inglés británico también) in glory cubrirse* de gloriaExample sentences1.2 u and c (beauty, magnificence) esplendor (masculine), gloria (feminine) its former glory su antiguo esplendor, su antigua gloria and there in all its glory was our old Chevrolet y ahí estaba, en todo su esplendor, nuestro viejo Chevrolet the glory of the system is that … lo espléndido or lo maravilloso del sistema está en que …
Example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (praise) gloria (feminine) glory to God in the highest gloria a Dios en las alturas glory be! (as interjection/como interjección) [dated/anticuado] ¡bendito sea (el Señor)! 1.4 uncountable/no numerable (heaven) gloria (feminine) to be in one's glory estar* en la gloria
- He also delighted in seeing the girls team achieve such honour and glory over the past five years.
- For club and county it is about bringing honour and glory to one's native heath, family, friends and neighbours and the people you were brought up with.
- The heroic deeds of this brave and noble Irishman have brought honour and glory to his native land.
- Work has begun to return a Scarborough beauty spot to its former glory with a £100,000 facelift by engineers.
- We work very hard to restore this magnificent building to its former glory and this is a very obvious setback.
- The great Chinese traveller Huien Tsang visited this place and wrote of its glory and beauty.
- As Jesus prays, heaven's glory opens and God's Spirit-dove descends upon him.
- They experience spiritual bliss and divine glory according to their individual spiritual capacities.
- This is an example of the ways in which Satan and his followers attempt to mimic the glory and splendor of heaven in hell.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (-ries, -rying, -ried)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the