Translation of glossy in Spanish:
adjective -sier, -siest
- 1.1 (shiny)(paintwork)
brillanteExample sentences1.2 (on shiny paper)
- I'm not beautiful, I don't have silky smooth, glossy hair and stick thin legs.
- The result is permanent pin straight hair with super glossy shine.
- He was sitting with his legs up on the seat in front of him with the sun shining on his glossy chestnut brown hair.
- Except for the occasional story he got in a glossy magazine, the photographs could be re-sized on a color copier without impacting their usefulness.
- An educated guess would be that the pictures are, indeed, touched up and air-brushed because most photographs in glossy magazines are.
- Even glossy magazines can be printed on recycled stock now.
noun plural -sies
- 1.1glossy (magazine)revista (feminine) ilustrada (impresa en papel satinado)1.2glossy (print) (Photography)copia (feminine) brillanteExample sentences
- She was as motionless as her famous photo glossies, as still as the models at the Wax Museum just down the street.
- He slid the color glossy across the black lacquer top to her.
- They each ordered a 10x12 glossy, with protective covering and backing for a frame.
- The media's preoccupation with body size runs the gamut from teen magazines to tabloids, the glossies and, yes, even broadsheets which should know better.
- Most jazz magazines are only slightly more readable than airline glossies, and serve roughly the same purpose.
- Adults have celebrity mags and glossies, but kids don't care about big names.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.