Translation of glossy in Spanish:
adjective glossier, glossiest
- 1 (shiny)(paintwork)
- I'm not beautiful, I don't have silky smooth, glossy hair and stick thin legs.
- The result is permanent pin straight hair with super glossy shine.
- He was sitting with his legs up on the seat in front of him with the sun shining on his glossy chestnut brown hair.
- 2 (on shiny paper)(photograph/print)
- Except for the occasional story he got in a glossy magazine, the photographs could be re-sized on a color copier without impacting their usefulness.
- An educated guess would be that the pictures are, indeed, touched up and air-brushed because most photographs in glossy magazines are.
- Even glossy magazines can be printed on recycled stock now.
noun plural glossies
- 1glossy (magazine)revista (feminine) ilustrada (impresa en papel satinado)Example sentences
- The media's preoccupation with body size runs the gamut from teen magazines to tabloids, the glossies and, yes, even broadsheets which should know better.
- Most jazz magazines are only slightly more readable than airline glossies, and serve roughly the same purpose.
- Adults have celebrity mags and glossies, but kids don't care about big names.
- 2glossy (print) (Photography)copia (feminine) brillanteExample sentences
- She was as motionless as her famous photo glossies, as still as the models at the Wax Museum just down the street.
- He slid the color glossy across the black lacquer top to her.
- They each ordered a 10x12 glossy, with protective covering and backing for a frame.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.