Translation of glowing in Spanish:
- 1 (shining) (before noun)(face/cheeks)the glowing embers
- 2 (expressing praise)(account/report)in glowing terms
lleno de alabanzasen términos elogiosos or (in Latin America also) encomiososhe paid her a glowing tributele rindió un caluroso homenajeExample sentences
- A Whitefield primary school has earned special praise after a glowing Ofsted report was complemented by outstanding results.
- As a blogger, by contrast, I almost invariably receive one of two reactions, glowing praise or a look of total incomprehension.
- The third of the trio had the soup, a minestrone and meatball, which was ‘not bad’ - hardly glowing praise.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.