Translation of glue in Spanish:
noununcountable and countable
- to sniff glueinhalar pegamentoesnifar pegamento [slang]wood glue (before noun) glue penlápiz (masculine) adhesivo
pegamento (masculine) tipo lápizExample sentences
- Adhesives and glues are substances that are capable of bonding two solid materials together at their surfaces.
- The glue supplied to stick nail on nail would do a sterling job of adhering the girders of the Forth Bridge together.
- Then designate him as the control, and stick to him like glue for the rest of the night.
transitive verb glues, glueing, glued
- 1 (stick)(in carpentry) encolarfold the edges and glue them downdoblar los bordes y pegarlosshe glued the pieces togetherpegó las piezasExample sentences
- My eyelids are glued together, and I feel like I'm doing everything in slow motion.
- Tender keyboard melodies and skeletal guitar rhythms are glued together in darkness.
- Meticulously gluing them together piece by piece, Kaufman builds up feathered layers and leaflike clusters of paint.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.