Translation of glue in Spanish:
noununcountable and countable
- to sniff gluewood glue (before noun) glue peninhalar or [slang] esnifar pegamentolápiz (masculine) adhesivopegamento (masculine) tipo lápizExample sentences
- Adhesives and glues are substances that are capable of bonding two solid materials together at their surfaces.
- The glue supplied to stick nail on nail would do a sterling job of adhering the girders of the Forth Bridge together.
- Then designate him as the control, and stick to him like glue for the rest of the night.
transitive verb glues, glueing, glued
- 1.1 (stick)(in carpentry)fold the edges and glue them downshe glued the pieces togetherdoblar los bordes y pegarlos1.2 (fix) See examples: keep your eyes glued on the roadpegó las piezashe was glued to the televisionno apartes la vista de la carreteraestaba pegado a la televisiónExample sentences
- My eyelids are glued together, and I feel like I'm doing everything in slow motion.
- Tender keyboard melodies and skeletal guitar rhythms are glued together in darkness.
- Meticulously gluing them together piece by piece, Kaufman builds up feathered layers and leaflike clusters of paint.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than