transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [person] acosar; [animal] aguijonearto goad sb
intosth/ -ingthey tried to goad her into an argument la provocaron para que empezara a discutir she was goaded into doing it tanto la acosaron, que lo hizoMore example sentences
- But in any issue, we should be prepared to think carefully, and not let our reaction to extremists goad us into overlooking any Biblical principles that apply.
- When I used to meet him regularly outside the Brompton Oratory after his Sunday devotions, it took little prompting to goad him into a diatribe against his latest enemy.
- I didn't realise that people would attempt to goad us into aggression at regular intervals.
- [Agric] aguijada (feminine), picana (feminine) (Latin America/América Latina) ; (for elephants) focino (masculine)
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...