Translation of goad in Spanish:
acosar(animal)to goad somebody
intosomething/ -ingthey tried to goad her into an argumentla provocaron para que empezara a discutirshe was goaded into doing ittanto la acosaron, que lo hizoExample sentences
- But in any issue, we should be prepared to think carefully, and not let our reaction to extremists goad us into overlooking any Biblical principles that apply.
- When I used to meet him regularly outside the Brompton Oratory after his Sunday devotions, it took little prompting to goad him into a diatribe against his latest enemy.
- I didn't realise that people would attempt to goad us into aggression at regular intervals.
- (Farming)aguijada (feminine)
picana (feminine) (Latin America)(for elephants) focino (masculine)Example sentences
- The Ripon report suggests widespread use of sticks and electric goads, and says that some animals had to be dragged into and out of trucks and lorries.
- These sort of things scare the cattle, and then you have to like do a lot of rough handling to get them to go by there, like a wad of electric goads.
- The spurs on the legs were goads; knee goads, ankle goads, and foot goads.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.