Translation of goad in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [person] acosar; [animal] aguijonearto goad sb
intosth/ -ingthey tried to goad her into an argument la provocaron para que empezara a discutir she was goaded into doing it tanto la acosaron, que lo hizoExample sentences
- But in any issue, we should be prepared to think carefully, and not let our reaction to extremists goad us into overlooking any Biblical principles that apply.
- When I used to meet him regularly outside the Brompton Oratory after his Sunday devotions, it took little prompting to goad him into a diatribe against his latest enemy.
- I didn't realise that people would attempt to goad us into aggression at regular intervals.
- [Agric] aguijada (feminine), picana (feminine) (Latin America/América Latina) ; (for elephants) focino (masculine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The 'Audiencia Nacional' is the Spanish high court for crimes affecting the national interest, e.g. drug trafficking, large-scale fraud and certain crimes committed abroad.