Translation of goad in Spanish:
- (person)(animal)to goad somebody
intosomething/ -ingthey tried to goad her into an argumentshe was goaded into doing itla provocaron para que empezara a discutirtanto la acosaron, que lo hizoExample sentences
- But in any issue, we should be prepared to think carefully, and not let our reaction to extremists goad us into overlooking any Biblical principles that apply.
- When I used to meet him regularly outside the Brompton Oratory after his Sunday devotions, it took little prompting to goad him into a diatribe against his latest enemy.
- I didn't realise that people would attempt to goad us into aggression at regular intervals.
- (Agriculture)aguijada (feminine)(for elephants)focino (masculine)Example sentences
- The Ripon report suggests widespread use of sticks and electric goads, and says that some animals had to be dragged into and out of trucks and lorries.
- These sort of things scare the cattle, and then you have to like do a lot of rough handling to get them to go by there, like a wad of electric goads.
- The spurs on the legs were goads; knee goads, ankle goads, and foot goads.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.