Translation of goad in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [person] acosar; [animal] aguijonearto goad sb
intosth/ -ingthey tried to goad her into an argument la provocaron para que empezara a discutir she was goaded into doing it tanto la acosaron, que lo hizoExample sentences
- But in any issue, we should be prepared to think carefully, and not let our reaction to extremists goad us into overlooking any Biblical principles that apply.
- When I used to meet him regularly outside the Brompton Oratory after his Sunday devotions, it took little prompting to goad him into a diatribe against his latest enemy.
- I didn't realise that people would attempt to goad us into aggression at regular intervals.
- [Agric] aguijada (feminine), picana (feminine) (Latin America/América Latina) ; (for elephants) focino (masculine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas