Translation of goad in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [person] acosar; [animal] aguijonearto goad sb
intosth/ -ingthey tried to goad her into an argument la provocaron para que empezara a discutir she was goaded into doing it tanto la acosaron, que lo hizoExample sentences
- But in any issue, we should be prepared to think carefully, and not let our reaction to extremists goad us into overlooking any Biblical principles that apply.
- When I used to meet him regularly outside the Brompton Oratory after his Sunday devotions, it took little prompting to goad him into a diatribe against his latest enemy.
- I didn't realise that people would attempt to goad us into aggression at regular intervals.
- [Agric] aguijada (feminine), picana (feminine) (Latin America/América Latina) ; (for elephants) focino (masculine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the