Translation of goal in Spanish:
- 1 (Sport) 1.1 (structure) to shoot at goaltirar al arco (Latin America) or (Spain) a puertato be in o play in o keep goaljugar de guardameta or de portero or (Latin America tb) de arquero or (Southern Cone tb) de goleroExample sentences1.2 (point) to score a goal
marcar or meter or (Latin America tb) anotar or anotarse un golto save a goalsalvar un golparar or detener or (esp Latin America) atajar un (disparo a) golExample sentences
- Mr Foxley said there were still some problems with organising the event including installing a set of rugby or American Football posts instead of the football goals.
- The most evident of these is the newly designed entrance, whose metal frame resembles a football goal.
- Shots are made at soccer-style goals rather than a basket and there are seven players in each team.
- But the good thing for the strikers is that we are so sound defensively we don't have to score five goals to win a game.
- For the record, the Brazilian Ronaldo scored two goals in that World Cup final win two years ago.
- They did score the opening goal of the game after ten minutes of play in the first half.
- 2 2.1 (aim) to reach o achieve one's goallograr or alcanzar su ( or mi etc) objetivoto set goals for oneselfproponerse metas or objetivosI set myself the goal of finishing the job by Fridayme propuse (como meta) acabar el trabajo para el viernesgoal-directed activitiesactividades (feminine plural) dirigidas a la obtención de un finExample sentences2.2 (destination)
- You move ahead in a single-pointed manner to achieve professional goals and ambitions.
- A slow and steady approach allows you to fulfill ambitions and achieve professional goals.
- It inevitably acts as a barrier to achieving ambitious economic goals.
- Sensing that the end of the cave was within our grasp we pushed on towards our goal of the East Canal.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.