Translation of goat in Spanish:
- 1 countable (Zoology) goat's milk/cheeseleche (feminine) /queso (masculine) de cabrayou silly old goat! [colloquial]¡pedazo de carcamal! [colloquial]to act or play the goat (British)hacer gansadas [colloquial]to get somebody's goatexasperar or [colloquial] cabrear a alguiensacar a alguien de quicioExample sentences
- Wild goats are tolerant of considerable extremes of temperature and would most likely have been a source of food for most of the post-glacial period.
- The fauna is represented by species such as deer, wild goats, bears, wolves, foxes and martens.
- After that all the sheep, wild goats and deer on the Cooley Peninsula would have to be destroyed.
- 2 countable (lecher) [colloquial](old) goatviejo (masculine) verde [colloquial]Example sentences
- When you say that some of the girls are prostitutes and that he used to be a responsible, respected person, it is entirely possible that the old goat is having brain changes.
- Unfortunately a young schoolgirl, acting the goat, injured herself causing a slight cut on her knee.
- Acting the goat takes on a new meaning when it involves a challenging nine-and-a-half-hour scramble over the rough terrain around Glenbeigh.
- Those involved in one of the county's most popular festivals have decided acting the goat is one way to help a good cause.
- 3 uncountable (Cooking)Example sentences
- Besides this, Spanish cattle, pigs, sheep, and goats introduced European meats and fats, milk, butter, and cheese to the Mexican diet.
- Finds of animal bones reveal that the ox and the cow were domesticated as were sheep and goats (kept for meat and wool).
- They eat the meat of goats, sheep, water buffalo, and cows.
- 4 countable (US) → scapegoat
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.