Translation of goat in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (Zoology) goat's milk/cheeseleche (feminine) /queso (masculine) de cabrayou silly old goat! [colloquial]¡pedazo de carcamal! [colloquial]to act o play the goat (British English) to get somebody's goatexasperar or [colloquial] cabrear a alguien
sacar a alguien de quicioExample sentences1.2 countable (lecher) [colloquial](old) goat
- Wild goats are tolerant of considerable extremes of temperature and would most likely have been a source of food for most of the post-glacial period.
- The fauna is represented by species such as deer, wild goats, bears, wolves, foxes and martens.
- After that all the sheep, wild goats and deer on the Cooley Peninsula would have to be destroyed.
Example sentences1.3 uncountable (Cookery)
- When you say that some of the girls are prostitutes and that he used to be a responsible, respected person, it is entirely possible that the old goat is having brain changes.
Example sentences1.4 countable (American English) → scapegoat
- Unfortunately a young schoolgirl, acting the goat, injured herself causing a slight cut on her knee.
- Acting the goat takes on a new meaning when it involves a challenging nine-and-a-half-hour scramble over the rough terrain around Glenbeigh.
- Those involved in one of the county's most popular festivals have decided acting the goat is one way to help a good cause.
- Besides this, Spanish cattle, pigs, sheep, and goats introduced European meats and fats, milk, butter, and cheese to the Mexican diet.
- Finds of animal bones reveal that the ox and the cow were domesticated as were sheep and goats (kept for meat and wool).
- They eat the meat of goats, sheep, water buffalo, and cows.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.