- 1 1.1 (not here) my briefcase is gone!¡me ha desaparecido la cartera!how long has she been gone? by the time we get there, they'll be gonepara cuando nosotros lleguemos, ya se habrán idoExample sentences1.2 (past) those days are (long) gone
de eso hace ya muchogone are the days when one could …
- It was the rudiment of a possible discussion but she was already gone, leaving him alone in the aisle.
- The sun was almost gone, and Rowena shared the garden only with one old man in a wheelchair.
- Those moments I remember from the Ireland squad when Duff's shyness got the better of him are virtually gone.
ha llovido mucho desde entoncesya no se puede …Example sentences1.3 (used up) the money is all gone
se ha acabado el dinero
- The petroleum industry barely existed 100 years ago and will probably be largely gone 100 years from now.
- If she was gone, dead and buried, he could move on with his life.
- With the internet the prime reason for the existence of cities is gone.
no queda nada de dineroExample sentences1.4far gonehe was too far gone for us to be able to revive him
era ya demasiado tarde para poder salvarlothe bearings are pretty far gonelos cojinetes están muy gastados or en muy mal estadothings are too far gone to avoid a strikelas cosas han llegado demasiado lejos, no se puede evitar la huelgahe was pretty far gone (drunk) [colloquial]había bebido bastante más de la cuenta
- Having been consumed, they are gone and are not available to others.
- Goods that are consumed are gone and thus not available for use in production.
- Much of the available money was gone before the traditional marketing season for lambs even began.
- 2 2.1 (pregnant) [colloquial]she's six months goneestá de seis meses [colloquial]Example sentences2.2 (dead) [euphemistic]I think he's gone
me parece que está muerto or que se ha muerto
- The first time, I didn't even realise I was pregnant until I was four months gone.
- Most teenage mums won't even go to their doctor until they are six or seven months gone because they are so afraid.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.