Translation of goose in Spanish:
noun plural geese
- 1 countable (Zoology) to cook somebody's goosethat's cooked his gooseeso le servirá de lecciónto kill the goose that lays the golden egg(s)matar la gallina de los huevos de oroExample sentences
- It also has contributed to the decrease of water fowl such as duck, geese, curlew, plover and snipe.
- Wetlands are a lure for geese, swans, ducks, egrets, storks, herons and the icon of the Camargue, the pink flamingo.
- Millions of birds - ducks, geese, pelicans, shore birds - use the sea each year.
- 3 countable (silly girl) [colloquial] [dated]gansa (feminine) [colloquial]Example sentences
- She called me a silly goose earlier… she's a nutcase as well.
- But if we blithely assume that the second enclosure movement will have the same benign effects as the first, we may look like very silly geese indeed.
- Lord, you're so good to me… Why am I such a silly goose?
- [slang]to goose somebodytocarle el trasero a alguien [colloquial]Example sentences
- Michael Nunn and Billy Trevitt started goosing me in a sensitive spot and I couldn't stop laughing.
- Never goose anybody with your wand, unless it is specifically called for in the ritual.
- There are many times I saw him goose her affectionately as he walked by her in the kitchen.
- Others like hedge funds have compensation structures that offer them a fraction of the returns generated, and in an atmosphere of low returns, the desire to goose them up increases.
- Economists generally view rising deficits as a short-term positive, goosing the economy, but as a long-term threat, tending to drive up interest rates.
- So, you have both sides fighting very hard to make sure that the press isn't goosing the process along.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.