Translation of goose in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural geese)
- 1.1 countable/numerable [Zoology/Zoología] oca (feminine), ganso (masculine) to cook sb's goose that's cooked his goose eso le servirá de lección to kill the goose that lays the golden egg(s) matar la gallina de los huevos de oro 1.2 uncountable/no numerable [Cookery/Cocina] ganso (masculine)Example sentences1.3 countable/numerable (silly girl) [colloquial/familiar] [dated/anticuado] gansa (feminine) [colloquial/familiar]
- It also has contributed to the decrease of water fowl such as duck, geese, curlew, plover and snipe.
- Wetlands are a lure for geese, swans, ducks, egrets, storks, herons and the icon of the Camargue, the pink flamingo.
- Millions of birds - ducks, geese, pelicans, shore birds - use the sea each year.
- She called me a silly goose earlier… she's a nutcase as well.
- But if we blithely assume that the second enclosure movement will have the same benign effects as the first, we may look like very silly geese indeed.
- Lord, you're so good to me… Why am I such a silly goose?
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the