- uncountable (blood)sangre (feminine) (derramada)they laid on the gore pretty thickly in the final scenehicieron la escena final bastante sangrientaExample sentences
- I cannot just brush off scenes of violence, blood and gore, not to mention senseless killing.
- Titles in this category may contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content, and/or strong language.
- Press scrutiny is very limited and declining, as monopolist local papers cut back; and TV news, the dominant source of local information, is far more interested in blood and gore.
- the matador was severely goredel torero sufrió una grave cornadaExample sentences
- I've been injured by a bull in Mexico and in 1967 I was gored by a bull in France.
- Sound effects - grunts of pain, for example, when Portuguese men are gored by a bull - were added, not to mention an incongruous orchestral soundtrack.
- A farmworker suffered serious injuries when he was gored by a bull on his father's Huddersfield farm.
- (Clothing)Example sentences
- Generally, as a woman's bust size goes up, so should the gore.
- And they introduced decorative gores using extra scraps of unused leather of other material.
- This is now wrong because parachutes of different design could have gores from 60 to 180 cm wide, which will make quite a difference in parachute sizes, still having the same number of gores!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.