- 1 countable/numerable(Gospel)[Bible] [Religion/Religión] 1.1 (in New Testament) evangelio (masculine) the four Gospels los cuatro evangelios the Gospel according to St Mark el evangelio según San MarcosMore example sentences1.2 (reading) evangelio (masculine)
More example sentences
- View him as we see him in the gospels and in the book of Revelation.
- But by analysing the changes made in the gospels of Matthew and Luke, we can see what Jesus did not say.
- The New Testament begins with the four Gospels - Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
- Brother Hugh McKinney read the first scripture reading and the gospel was read by Canon Mark Diamond.
- I describe it because it has something to do with our gospel reading from the sixth chapter of John.
- After that sweeping overview, the gospel reading homes in on the harrowing story of the Passion.
- 2 2.1 (Christian teaching) (no plural/sin plural) Evangelio (masculine) to preach/spread the gospel predicar*/difundir el Evangelio (before noun/delante del nombre) [temple/minister] (in US) evangelista 2.2 countable/numerable (doctrine) doctrina (feminine), evangelio (masculine)More example sentences2.3 uncountable/no numerable gospel (truth) [colloquial/familiar] he takes everything she says as gospel (truth) para él, todo lo que dice ella es santa palabra it's gospel (truth) es la pura verdad
More example sentences
- Today, the enterprise of spreading the gospel of free markets is predicated on the iron fist of overwhelming American military power.
- The Marxist Big Idea was a rigid gospel of economic rules, a one-solution-fits-all kitbag which every communist state used in very similar ways.
- For the neoliberal gospel of free markets is something to be imposed on others.
- As Paul preached the gospel of Jesus Christ, the words sank into Lydia's mind and heart.
- Only the gospel of Jesus Christ can bring both temporal reconciliation and the hope of an eternal and heavenly inheritance to the Israeli and the Palestinian.
- The gospel of God's love has come to us not simply as a written message or an oral announcement, but first of all as a person, a living word.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable gospel (music) [Music/Música] gospel (masculine)
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.