Translation of gospel in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable(Gospel)[Bible] [Religion/Religión] 1.1 (in New Testament) evangelio (masculine) the four Gospels los cuatro evangelios the Gospel according to St Mark el evangelio según San MarcosExample sentences1.2 (reading) evangelio (masculine)
- View him as we see him in the gospels and in the book of Revelation.
- But by analysing the changes made in the gospels of Matthew and Luke, we can see what Jesus did not say.
- The New Testament begins with the four Gospels - Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
- Brother Hugh McKinney read the first scripture reading and the gospel was read by Canon Mark Diamond.
- I describe it because it has something to do with our gospel reading from the sixth chapter of John.
- After that sweeping overview, the gospel reading homes in on the harrowing story of the Passion.
- 2 2.1 (Christian teaching) (no plural/sin plural) Evangelio (masculine) to preach/spread the gospel predicar*/difundir el Evangelio (before noun/delante del nombre) [temple/minister] (in US) evangelista 2.2 countable/numerable (doctrine) doctrina (feminine), evangelio (masculine)Example sentences2.3 uncountable/no numerable gospel (truth) [colloquial/familiar] he takes everything she says as gospel (truth) para él, todo lo que dice ella es santa palabra it's gospel (truth) es la pura verdad
- Today, the enterprise of spreading the gospel of free markets is predicated on the iron fist of overwhelming American military power.
- The Marxist Big Idea was a rigid gospel of economic rules, a one-solution-fits-all kitbag which every communist state used in very similar ways.
- For the neoliberal gospel of free markets is something to be imposed on others.
- As Paul preached the gospel of Jesus Christ, the words sank into Lydia's mind and heart.
- Only the gospel of Jesus Christ can bring both temporal reconciliation and the hope of an eternal and heavenly inheritance to the Israeli and the Palestinian.
- The gospel of God's love has come to us not simply as a written message or an oral announcement, but first of all as a person, a living word.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable gospel (music) [Music/Música] gospel (masculine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.