Translation of gospel in Spanish:
- 1 countablealso: Gospel(Bible, Religion) 1.1 (in New Testament) the four Gospelslos cuatro evangeliosthe Gospel according to St Markel evangelio según San MarcosExample sentences1.2 (reading)
- View him as we see him in the gospels and in the book of Revelation.
- But by analysing the changes made in the gospels of Matthew and Luke, we can see what Jesus did not say.
- The New Testament begins with the four Gospels - Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
- Brother Hugh McKinney read the first scripture reading and the gospel was read by Canon Mark Diamond.
- I describe it because it has something to do with our gospel reading from the sixth chapter of John.
- After that sweeping overview, the gospel reading homes in on the harrowing story of the Passion.
- 2 2.1 (Christian teaching) (no plural)Evangelio (masculine)to preach/spread the gospelpredicar/difundir el Evangelio(before noun) (temple/minister)(in US) evangelistaExample sentences2.2 countable (doctrine)
Example sentences2.3 uncountablegospel (truth) [colloquial]he takes everything she says as gospel (truth)
- As Paul preached the gospel of Jesus Christ, the words sank into Lydia's mind and heart.
- Only the gospel of Jesus Christ can bring both temporal reconciliation and the hope of an eternal and heavenly inheritance to the Israeli and the Palestinian.
- The gospel of God's love has come to us not simply as a written message or an oral announcement, but first of all as a person, a living word.
para él, todo lo que dice ella es santa palabrait's gospel (truth)
- Today, the enterprise of spreading the gospel of free markets is predicated on the iron fist of overwhelming American military power.
- The Marxist Big Idea was a rigid gospel of economic rules, a one-solution-fits-all kitbag which every communist state used in very similar ways.
- For the neoliberal gospel of free markets is something to be imposed on others.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.