Translation of gospel in Spanish:
- 1 countablealso: Gospel(Bible, Religion) 1.1 (in New Testament) the four Gospelslos cuatro evangeliosthe Gospel according to St Markel evangelio según San MarcosExample sentences1.2 (reading)
- View him as we see him in the gospels and in the book of Revelation.
- But by analysing the changes made in the gospels of Matthew and Luke, we can see what Jesus did not say.
- The New Testament begins with the four Gospels - Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
- Brother Hugh McKinney read the first scripture reading and the gospel was read by Canon Mark Diamond.
- I describe it because it has something to do with our gospel reading from the sixth chapter of John.
- After that sweeping overview, the gospel reading homes in on the harrowing story of the Passion.
- 2 2.1 (Christian teaching) (no plural)Evangelio (masculine)to preach/spread the gospelpredicar/difundir el Evangelio(before noun) (temple/minister)(in US)2.2 countable (doctrine)
evangelistaExample sentences2.3 uncountablegospel (truth) [colloquial]he takes everything she says as gospel (truth)
para él, todo lo que dice ella es santa palabrait's gospel (truth)Example sentences
- Today, the enterprise of spreading the gospel of free markets is predicated on the iron fist of overwhelming American military power.
- The Marxist Big Idea was a rigid gospel of economic rules, a one-solution-fits-all kitbag which every communist state used in very similar ways.
- For the neoliberal gospel of free markets is something to be imposed on others.
- As Paul preached the gospel of Jesus Christ, the words sank into Lydia's mind and heart.
- Only the gospel of Jesus Christ can bring both temporal reconciliation and the hope of an eternal and heavenly inheritance to the Israeli and the Palestinian.
- The gospel of God's love has come to us not simply as a written message or an oral announcement, but first of all as a person, a living word.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.