Translation of gouge in Spanish:
- 1.1 (tool) gubia (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (groove) boquete (masculine)
- A chisel, two gouges, jewelers' shears, and the plane blade were made in Sheffield.
- A pod auger requires a starting hole which usually is made with a gouge or chisel.
- The students are cautioned to cut away from themselves because the gouge blades are sharp.
- The knife in my hands slipped when the wagon hit a rut, nicking a rogue gouge from the piece of wood I was absently whittling down to a toothpick.
- Regular inspection helps workers to screen for equipment that may have been weakened by corrosion, leakage, pitting, dents or gouges.
- Old carpet samples or large pieces of cardboard are great for sliding appliances out of position, while at the same time, protecting the floor from gouges or scratches.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 2 [person] (American English/inglés norteamericano) extorsionar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.