Translation of gourd in Spanish:
- 1.1 (as drinking vessel)[ calabaza seca empleada como vasija ] mate (masculine) (South America/América del Sur) , jícara (feminine) (Central America/América Central) (Colombia) (Mexico/México) , guaje (masculine) (Mexico/México)Example sentences1.2 [Botany/Botánica] calabaza (feminine), jícaro (masculine) (Central America/América Central) (Colombia) (Mexico/México)
- The only thing they seem to do more then butchering animals in Uruguay, is drink Mate, a sort of super strong version of green tea that is drunk from a gourd through a silver straw.
- Ancient historical documents describe the use of crude containers, such as gourds, leaves, shells, animal skins, and even human skulls.
- She saw other people further down the river, taking drinks or filling gourds.
- This is connected to a large bamboo teepee with pole beans, gourds and other climbing plants covering it.
- Sometimes pumpkins or gourds are planted instead of squash.
- Other unusual plants include bottle gourds whose beautiful ornamental shapes were used for hundreds of years by native Americans to carry and store water.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas