Translation of government in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (permanent structure) gobierno (masculine), estado (masculine) government owned estatal, del Estado, público to be in government (British English/inglés británico) estar* en el poderExample sentences1.2 u and c (administration) gobierno (masculine), régimen (masculine) a military/democratic government un gobierno or un régimen militar/democrático to form a government formar gobierno the scandal caused the government to fall o the fall of the government el escándalo provocó la caída del gobierno the Government is o (in British English also/en inglés británico también) are determined to … el Gobierno está decidido a … (before noun/delante del nombre) government bonds bonos (masculine plural) del Estado government department ministerio (masculine) or (Mexico/México) secretaría (feminine) government grant beca (feminine) del gobierno government health warning advertencia (feminine) sanitaria del Ministerio de Salud government pension (American English/inglés norteamericano) pensión (feminine) del estado government policy política (feminine) gubernamental government stock títulos (masculine plural) or valores (masculine plural) del Estado
- The American bureaucracy fits somewhat awkwardly into its democratic system of government.
- It is about whether we will have a system of government and a social system in which we see each other as equals.
- Is a democratic form of government a necessary pre-condition for the existence of human rights?
- We have seen successive governments and home secretaries promise to be tough on crime.
- He was to form no less than fourteen governments as Prime Minister during the rest of his life.
- They have never had much faith in governments and have always believed in direct action.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.