Translation of governor general in Spanish:
noun plural governors general
- 1 (in British Commonwealth)Gobernador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine) GeneralExample sentences
- ‘It is with deep regret and after much thought that I have today advised the Prime Minister that I wish to resign from the office of Governor General of the Commonwealth of Australia,’ he added.
- The first Governor General of British Bengal was appointed because he was well versed in Urdu and Persian.
- In Singapore, in the late 1940s, he was the British Governor General for South East Asia and later in Kenya he had played the role of a diplomat.
- 2 (chief administrator)(British English)
director, (-tora) (masculine, feminine) general
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.