Translation of grace in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (elegance)(of expression) elegancia (feminine)Example sentences
- I do the first couple of movements with grace and ease… but then I forget.
- She was 5'7, slim and wiry, with a dancer's slow, precise grace in her movements.
- Sweat was dripping down our faces by this time, but we had to keep our smiles planted on our face and an ease and grace in our movements.
- In many tribal cultures, the social graces, being polite, showing respect and personal interactions are more important than being on time.
- From an early age, children are trained in etiquette and the social graces.
- Her family was well connected, and Griffith received an education suitable for a fine lady in polite literature, French, poetry, and the social graces.
- 2 2.1 uncountable (courtesy) you might at least have the grace to say you're sorrypodrías por lo menos tener la cortesía or la gentileza de disculparteExample sentences2.2 uncountable (good nature) to do something with (a) good/bad grace
hacer algo de buen talante/a regañadientesin good grace (US)con la conciencia tranquila2.3 countable (good quality) her saving grace is her sense of humorlo que la salva es que tiene sentido del humorsocial graces she has no social gracesno sabe cómo comportarseto be in somebody's good graces
- Rather than seeing this as a sign of weakness, I see it as a sign of grace, courtesy, and diplomacy.
- All these visitors to our realm should be greeted with the same grace and courtesy.
- When he visited us in Delhi, I was immediately charmed by his grace, civility and intellectual sensitivity.
no tiene modales or roceestar en buenas relaciones con alguien
- 3 uncountable (Religion) 3.1(mercy) gracia (feminine)by the grace of God …gracias a Dios …there, but for the grace of God, go Ile podría pasar a cualquierato be in a state of grace to fall from grace (lose favor)(Religion)
perder la gracia divinaExample sentences3.2 (prayer)to say grace
(before a meal) bendecir la mesa(after a meal) dar las gracias por la comidaExample sentences
- The book approached the issue of salvation, God's grace, and human free will from a Calvinist perspective.
- We are saved by God's free grace, through faith in Christ's atoning death and resurrection.
- Our main message is salvation through grace alone, by faith alone, through Christ alone.
- Twain joined Livy at prayers and grace before meals.
- She ensured that they said their nightly prayers and grace before meals.
- You two don't say grace at meals, or kiss each other good morning, good night or good-bye.
- 4 uncountable (respite) 16 days' grace, 16 days of grace (British) (Law)16 días de graciaExample sentences
- Effectively, the family can be given a year's grace before the court grants possession.
- He says that the Mars mission could take place as early as 2009, but the two years' grace period allows the agency to spread the cost around that much more.
- The offer of a period of grace is a critical factor in the underwriting of this form of business.
- 5 countable (as title) his Grace the Archbishop of YorkSu Eminencia el Arzobispo de Yorktheir Graces the Duke and DuchessSus Excelencias, el duque y la duquesaYour Grace(to duke etc) Excelencia(to bishop) Ilustrísima
- [literary] she graced the event with her presencehonró el acto con su presenciahow kind of you to grace us with your presence! [ironic]¡qué amabilidad la tuya en dignarte acompañarnos! [ironic]Example sentences
- John Taylor is acknowledged as one of the greatest hurlers ever to play for Laois and indeed one of the finest exponents ever to grace the ancient game.
- Greaves, a goal-scorer of legendary prowess, is one of the greatest footballers ever to grace the English game.
- Botham, 48, is widely considered to be one of the greatest all-rounders ever to grace the game.
- One of his prints also graces the entire back cover of the current issue of ‘Harvest’ - the Diocesan quarterly magazine.
- Huge wooden beams in the bedroom and drawing room once graced an Aberdeen wool mill.
- They would grace our otherwise cluttered shelves.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.