Translation of gracious in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 they were gracious enough to apologizeby the gracious permission of Her Majesty [formal]tuvieron la gentileza or la cortesía de pedir disculpaspor la gracia de Su MajestadExample sentences1.2 (merciful)
- A pleasant, courteous and gracious lady, Vera was highly thought of by all in the community.
- A pleasant, courteous and gracious lady, she was well liked by her neighbours in the locality.
- Sean was a pleasant, courteous and gracious neighbour who could always be relied on to lend a helping hand.
- Boil it down and that's my calling - to announce the gracious lordship of Jesus Christ.
- The last was the manifestation of true religion - genuinely gracious affections - in Christian practice.
- The Christian principle of gracious forgiveness is, then, a good one, but it is extremely difficult for Christians themselves to observe it.
- 2 (urbane)Example sentences
- City of grandiose and elegant façades, the gracious arcades of the Galleria Vittorio Emanuelle, here the Milanese mix their cool pragmatism with a love of the good life.
- Their rambling villa once a model of gracious elegance was now a paradise of dry rot and borer, with its skeletal verandah, rickety walls and warped weatherboards.
- Here is a room designed for comfort, yet gracious and formal enough for hosting even the most important parties.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.