Translation of grant in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(desire/request/wish)God grant him eternal peace [literary]
concederDios lo tenga en su gloriaExample sentences1.2
(interview/asylum/right)he was granted permission
- When asked for permission to reproduce a work she granted the request and refused payment.
- Accordingly, whether to grant a relocation request is not a decision courts make lightly.
- Near the end of the first semester, I requested and was granted permission to open a school store.
concederse le concedió permisoExample sentences1.3
- However, Article 10 does not in itself grant a right of asylum or a right for an alien to stay in a given country.
- Can powers granted by an enabling Act only be enlarged or modified by express words of authorisation?
- The court ruled that international law does not grant the right of individuals to seek war damages from a state.
- 2 (admit)to grant (somebody)
thatI grant that the plan is a good onereconozco que es un buen planhe has talent, I'll grant you thattiene talento, eso no te lo discutoExample sentences
- Okay, that may be true Simon granted him, but he might be gay and he thought that London was an extraordinary example of feminine beauty.
- I did have time to think ‘oh no’ (very useful, I grant you) and turn to follow her progress.
- Especially since it's true (only an added benefit these days, I grant you.)
- 3also: granted past participle of3.1 (admittedly) granted, it's very expensive, but … to take something for granteddar algo por sentado or por descontadodon't take her support for grantedno des por sentado or por descontado que te ( or nos etc) va a apoyarhe realized he'd taken her for grantedse dio cuenta de que no había sabido valorarla3.2 (assuming) granted that it all goes according to plan …suponiendo que todo salga de acuerdo con lo previsto …granted his cooperation, success seems assuredsi contamos con su colaboración, el éxito está asegurado
- 1 (subsidy — to body, individual)(— to student) (especially British English)
beca (feminine)Example sentences
- The money is used for small grants to deserving organizations and individuals.
- The 18 per cent grant set aside in the budget will be used appropriately for this purpose.
- The money will enable Essex Police to use the main grant for its intended purpose - crime prevention.
- 2 (granting)Example sentences
- This would, therefore, keep issues such as grant of visas and immigration policies very much alive in the days to come.
- In their dissenting note both the members had stated that the committee did not have the power to go into the question of grant or refusal of minority statues to anyone.
- By the late Sixties, corruption spread to more areas of administration, particularly large projects and grant of permits, licences and quotas.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.