- 1.1 (harsh) [noise/sound] chirrianteMore example sentences1.2 (irritating) crispante
More example sentences
- After a few seconds, a harsh grating voice came out of the speakers above the door.
- The man had rambled at her too, in a gravely, grating voice, explaining who he was and where he was taking her.
- The rough grating voices tore through the darkness and pierced his ears.
- It was an annoying, grating tweet designed specifically to get on the nerves of someone trying to stay asleep.
- ‘Oh, please,’ she begged in that grating voice that she seemed to instinctively know really got on his nerves.
- His grating voice, frameless spectacles, faded suits and short, stringy hair all broke with the conformist protest style.