Translation of gravity in Spanish:
- 1 [Physics/Física] gravedad (feminine) the force of gravity la fuerza de la gravedadExample sentences
- Certainly, every type of matter we have ever encountered feels the attractive force of gravity.
- Physics has found only four forces in nature: gravity, electromagnetism, weak nuclear, and strong nuclear.
- Objects exert a force of gravity because they have mass and the more mass they have the stronger the force of gravity they exert.
- 2 2.1 (seriousness) gravedad (feminine) 2.2 (of person, expression) gravedad (feminine), circunspección (feminine)Example sentences
- An air of gravity and solemnity pervaded the president's remarks as a stunned nation listened by radio.
- He exuded dignity and gravity and he was courteous to counsel and witnesses alike.
- He played this part with gravity and dignity, and in an understated style which set off the flamboyant persona of Henry VIII.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas