Translation of gravy in Spanish:
- 1 [Cookery/Cocina][ salsa hecha con el jugo de la carne asada ]Example sentences
- All sauces and gravies should contain either marmite or ketchup.
- Use plain, unsweetened soymilk in soups, sauces, gravies, casseroles and quickbreads.
- Stir minced kale into soups, stews, rice, gravies, or sauces.
- 2 (extra gain) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [slang/argot], ganga (feminine) [colloquial/familiar], chollo (masculine) (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- The money is gravy that can be used to enhance policy in other ways.
- The federal money for the bridges was real gravy.
- Selling the warranties, even for as little as $5 each, is pure gravy for the corporations that pocket our money.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.