- 1 [Cookery/Cocina][ salsa hecha con el jugo de la carne asada ]More example sentences
- All sauces and gravies should contain either marmite or ketchup.
- Use plain, unsweetened soymilk in soups, sauces, gravies, casseroles and quickbreads.
- Stir minced kale into soups, stews, rice, gravies, or sauces.
- 2 (extra gain) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [slang/argot], ganga (feminine) [colloquial/familiar], chollo (masculine) (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences
- The money is gravy that can be used to enhance policy in other ways.
- The federal money for the bridges was real gravy.
- Selling the warranties, even for as little as $5 each, is pure gravy for the corporations that pocket our money.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.