- 1 [Culin]salsa hecha con el jugo de la carne asada (before n) gravy boat salsera (f)More example sentences
- All sauces and gravies should contain either marmite or ketchup.
- Use plain, unsweetened soymilk in soups, sauces, gravies, casseroles and quickbreads.
- Stir minced kale into soups, stews, rice, gravies, or sauces.
- 2 (extra gain) (AmE) [slang/argot], ganga (f) [familiar/colloquial], chollo (m) (Esp) [familiar/colloquial]More example sentences
- The money is gravy that can be used to enhance policy in other ways.
- The federal money for the bridges was real gravy.
- Selling the warranties, even for as little as $5 each, is pure gravy for the corporations that pocket our money.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)