- 1 [Cookery/Cocina]salsa hecha con el jugo de la carne asada (before noun/delante del nombre) gravy boat salsera (feminine)More example sentences
- All sauces and gravies should contain either marmite or ketchup.
- Use plain, unsweetened soymilk in soups, sauces, gravies, casseroles and quickbreads.
- Stir minced kale into soups, stews, rice, gravies, or sauces.
- 2 (extra gain) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [slang/argot], ganga (feminine) [colloquial/familiar], chollo (masculine) (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences
- The money is gravy that can be used to enhance policy in other ways.
- The federal money for the bridges was real gravy.
- Selling the warranties, even for as little as $5 each, is pure gravy for the corporations that pocket our money.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.