- 1 [Cookery/Cocina][ salsa hecha con el jugo de la carne asada ]More example sentences
- All sauces and gravies should contain either marmite or ketchup.
- Use plain, unsweetened soymilk in soups, sauces, gravies, casseroles and quickbreads.
- Stir minced kale into soups, stews, rice, gravies, or sauces.
- 2 (extra gain) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [slang/argot], ganga (feminine) [colloquial/familiar], chollo (masculine) (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences
- The money is gravy that can be used to enhance policy in other ways.
- The federal money for the bridges was real gravy.
- Selling the warranties, even for as little as $5 each, is pure gravy for the corporations that pocket our money.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.