- (Agriculture)Example sentences
- He also explained that in summer some herders migrate further up the mountain, moving into summer shacks, to let their cattle graze on better and different kinds of plants.
- This was used in a Talley System which worked like this: Suppose I lent you 5 sheep to graze on your field and cut your grass, I would make a mark for each sheep on a stick.
- About 46,000 cattle and sheep graze on Dartmoor, already declared a no-go area for walking, horse riding and other recreational uses.
- This does not prevent shepherds from trying to graze their sheep wherever something green can be found inside the town.
- If you open up the commons for everyone to graze their sheep, one person is going to go get their whole flock.
- Lloyd began with the idea of a common pasture on which villagers could graze their cattle.
usar para pastoreoExample sentences
- Delayed aftergrass will result in calves grazing worminfected pastures for longer.
- The track then passes over a new bridge made with the reclaimed railway sleepers, and overlooks a field grazed by cows.
- He's still there, but the island is no longer a monocultural grassland grazed by feral pigs.
- 1 (cut, injure)(knee/elbow)the driver was only grazed
rasparseel conductor solo sufrió rasguñosExample sentences
- Thomas had followed his father's gaze and looking down he could see the number of swellings and bruises grazing his body.
- Or they race around the school yard, covered in a layer of gravel, waiting to fall and graze their knees.
- I can remember my stomach churning when one of my children would take a risk while playing a game and then fall and graze their knee.
- 2 (touch, brush) the bullet grazed his armExample sentences
- Evan pulled me closer, my forehead lightly grazing his chin.
- She smiled softly and slipped her arms up around his neck, her lips lightly grazing his neck as she rested her head on his shoulder.
- Ame was now walking down the staircase, her hands lightly grazing the railing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.