Translation of greedy in Spanish:
adjective -dier, -diest
- 1.1 (for food, drink) you greedy pig!¡mira que eres glotón or (in Southern Cone also) angurriento!Example sentences1.2 (for power, wealth)to be greedy
- It's partly the result, he says, of our endless greedy appetite for the good things of life.
- Dennis groped his greedy hands over the box of food that Adrian had kept so securely beside him.
- The blackcurrant bush is alive with the wings and chirps of greedy blackbirds gorging themselves.
forsomethingtener ansias or estar ávidogreedy speculators dealgoespeculadores (masculine plural) rapacesExample sentences
- They are sometimes pugilistic, invariably dominant, and often greedy for power.
- She was greedy for power, and didn't let morals get in the way of her pursuit of it.
- Anthony had been the one who was greedy for his family's wealth wanting to use it for his own ends.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.