Translation of greedy in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (-dier, -diest)
- 1.1 (for food, drink) [person/animal] glotón, angurriento (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) you greedy pig! ¡mira que eres glotón or (in Southern Cone also/en Cono Sur también) angurriento!Example sentences1.2 (for power, wealth) to be greedy
- It's partly the result, he says, of our endless greedy appetite for the good things of life.
- Dennis groped his greedy hands over the box of food that Adrian had kept so securely beside him.
- The blackcurrant bush is alive with the wings and chirps of greedy blackbirds gorging themselves.
forsth tener* ansias or estar* ávido dealgo greedy speculators especuladores (masculine plural) rapacesExample sentences
- They are sometimes pugilistic, invariably dominant, and often greedy for power.
- She was greedy for power, and didn't let morals get in the way of her pursuit of it.
- Anthony had been the one who was greedy for his family's wealth wanting to use it for his own ends.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.