adj (-dier, -diest)
- 1.1 (for food, drink) [person/animal] glotón, angurriento (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) you greedy pig! ¡mira que eres glotón or (in Southern Cone also/en Cono Sur también) angurriento!More example sentences1.2 (for power, wealth) to be greedy
- It's partly the result, he says, of our endless greedy appetite for the good things of life.
- Dennis groped his greedy hands over the box of food that Adrian had kept so securely beside him.
- The blackcurrant bush is alive with the wings and chirps of greedy blackbirds gorging themselves.
forsth tener* ansias or estar* ávido dealgo greedy speculators especuladores (masculine plural) rapacesMore example sentences
- They are sometimes pugilistic, invariably dominant, and often greedy for power.
- She was greedy for power, and didn't let morals get in the way of her pursuit of it.
- Anthony had been the one who was greedy for his family's wealth wanting to use it for his own ends.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The variety of catalán spoken in the Balearic Islands is called mallorquín. Some people regard it as a separate language from Catalan, which enjoys official status, but it is not officially recognized as such.