adj (-dier, -diest)
- 1.1 (for food, drink) [person/animal] glotón, angurriento (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) you greedy pig! ¡mira que eres glotón or (in Southern Cone also/en Cono Sur también) angurriento!More example sentences1.2 (for power, wealth) to be greedy
- It's partly the result, he says, of our endless greedy appetite for the good things of life.
- Dennis groped his greedy hands over the box of food that Adrian had kept so securely beside him.
- The blackcurrant bush is alive with the wings and chirps of greedy blackbirds gorging themselves.
forsth tener* ansias or estar* ávido dealgo greedy speculators especuladores (masculine plural) rapacesMore example sentences
- They are sometimes pugilistic, invariably dominant, and often greedy for power.
- She was greedy for power, and didn't let morals get in the way of her pursuit of it.
- Anthony had been the one who was greedy for his family's wealth wanting to use it for his own ends.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Junta Autonómica is the name given to the governments of Spain's autonomous regions, with the exception of Catalonia and Valencia's Generalitat and Galicia's Xunta.