Translation of green in Spanish:
adjective -er, -est
- 1(coat/car/paint/eyes/salad)he was green with envy
verdese moría de envidiaParis is a very green cityParís es una ciudad muy verdegreen spaceszonas (feminine plural) or espacios (masculine plural) verdesthe green stuff [slang] to have a green thumb o (British English) green fingerstener mano para las plantas
- 1 uncountable (color) the lights were at greenel semáforo estaba (en) verdethere are large areas of green in the cityen la ciudad hay amplias zonas verdesExample sentences
- Route 2 buses branded in green will operate on a loop connecting Victoria, Oxford Road and Deansgate rail stations.
- The colour green is supposed to be the most relaxing on the eye and nerves.
- This year, though, expect to see red mixed with colours other than traditional green.
- 2 countable 2.1 (in village, town)prado (masculine) comunal2.2also: putting greenExample sentences
- I am told the garden of my house used to be part of the village green.
- High Ellington is a pleasant little village with a green.
- The arts and crafts exhibition was held in the village hall, while refreshments were served in a marquee on the village green.
- 3also: greens plural(vegetables)verdura (feminine) (de hoja verde)eat your greenscómete la verduraExample sentences
- First, there's salad of mixed greens, tomatoes, cabbage, carrot and cauliflower in a creamy but pungent dressing.
- Apparently one in five of our supposedly health obsessed, eco friendly and vegetarian teenagers eat no greens at all.
- Most of the herbs and salad greens are grown in the hotel garden, and there is always at least one vegetarian option available.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.