Translation of grid in Spanish:
- 1 (grating over opening)Example sentences
- The rooftop water tank is supported by a dense grid of 1m thick parallel brick walls penetrated by arches to create a series of 4m wide vaults.
- I look up, and stuck on any available space on the lighting grid are giant nets filled with balloons.
- Some were trying to lift gratings and grids in an attempt to enter the sewers whilst a few attempted to break down the doors leading into the Black Tower.
- 2 2.1 (on map) (Geography) 2.2 (pattern)Example sentences
- Mondrian's style of painting involved the use of strictly horizontal or vertical black lines to create a grid of rectangles, some of which were filled in with black or white, or vivid red, blue or yellow.
- Maramba was laid on a rectangular grid of streets and lanes, formerly 15 blocks in all, covering an area of less than one square kilometre.
- A series of 126x68 mm grids were placed over the transparencies.
- These maps and grids will enable planning for operations in the subsequent field season.
- He made another important contribution in using a grid to locate positions of places on the Earth.
- Essential tools include a bird identification field guide, a map of the airfield with a superimposed grid system for locating birds, and a pair of binoculars.
- 3 (network) (Electricity)(especially British English)the national grid (in UK)
red (feminine)la red de suministro de electricidad nacionalExample sentences
- Nuclear power plants are connected to electricity grids in more than 30 countries and provide some 17% of the electricity consumed worldwide.
- A major incident here in L.A. could shut down public infrastructure, power grids, food distribution networks, transportation arteries, and the phone lines - just to name a few.
- They also condemn the network of power plants that supply electricity to the grid.
- 4 (electrode) (Electronics)Example sentences
- The carbon-platinum replicas were transferred from a finishing water bath onto copper electron microscope grids.
- He put brain cells on an electrode grid, and watched them grow connections between one another.
- Oscillating electric fields applied by grids above and below the plasma can resonantly excite its electrons.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.