- 1 (grating over opening) rejilla (feminine)More example sentences
- The rooftop water tank is supported by a dense grid of 1m thick parallel brick walls penetrated by arches to create a series of 4m wide vaults.
- I look up, and stuck on any available space on the lighting grid are giant nets filled with balloons.
- Some were trying to lift gratings and grids in an attempt to enter the sewers whilst a few attempted to break down the doors leading into the Black Tower.
- 2 2.1 (on map) [Geography/Geografía] cuadriculado (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) grid reference coordenadas (feminine plural) cartográficas 2.2 (pattern) cuadrícula (feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Mondrian's style of painting involved the use of strictly horizontal or vertical black lines to create a grid of rectangles, some of which were filled in with black or white, or vivid red, blue or yellow.
- Maramba was laid on a rectangular grid of streets and lanes, formerly 15 blocks in all, covering an area of less than one square kilometre.
- A series of 126x68 mm grids were placed over the transparencies.
- These maps and grids will enable planning for operations in the subsequent field season.
- He made another important contribution in using a grid to locate positions of places on the Earth.
- Essential tools include a bird identification field guide, a map of the airfield with a superimposed grid system for locating birds, and a pair of binoculars.
- 3 (network) [Electricity/Electricidad] (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) red (feminine) the national grid (in (United Kingdom/el Reino Unido) ) la red de suministro de electricidad nacionalMore example sentences
- Nuclear power plants are connected to electricity grids in more than 30 countries and provide some 17% of the electricity consumed worldwide.
- A major incident here in L.A. could shut down public infrastructure, power grids, food distribution networks, transportation arteries, and the phone lines - just to name a few.
- They also condemn the network of power plants that supply electricity to the grid.
- 4 (electrode) [Electronics/Electrónica] electrodo (masculine)More example sentences
- The carbon-platinum replicas were transferred from a finishing water bath onto copper electron microscope grids.
- He put brain cells on an electrode grid, and watched them grow connections between one another.
- Oscillating electric fields applied by grids above and below the plasma can resonantly excite its electrons.
- 5 [Sport/Deporte](starting grid)5.1 parrilla (feminine) de salida 5.2gridiron 2
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.