Translation of grievance in Spanish:
- 1 countable (ground for complaint)motivo (masculine) de quejahe seemed to have a grievance against his fatherparecía estar resentido con su padre por algoto air one's grievancesExample sentences
- But airing those grievances publicly might actually encourage more attacks and make their lives harder.
- Briony Norris, an environmental health officer at the pollution control unit, said around 50 per cent of people who lodged complaints had a genuine grievance.
- Earlier this month, he was given the perfect opportunity to air his grievances in public when he appeared before magistrates in Guildford, charged with the same offence.
- 2 uncountable (injustice) to be filled with a sense of grievancesentirse agraviado
sentirse víctima de una injusticia
- 3 countable (in the workplace)queja (feminine) formal(before noun) grievance procedureprocedimiento (masculine) conciliatorioExample sentences
- Mr. Yousry states that he did not at that time understand himself to have been suspended, and thus he did not approach his union concerning his status, nor did he file any grievance about it.
- Prior to making these public allegations, no student actually filed a sexual harassment grievance against him.
- Engle says that when she filed a grievance, DWP managers denied her overtime pay, hassled her about the dress code and intimidated her by hovering around her workstation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.