- 1 [Anat] ingle (f) she kneed him in the groin le dio un rodillazo en la entrepiernaMore example sentences
- The defender's right elbow is locked and her hand cannot strike the attacker's groin.
- The heavy man clutched his groin in pain and fell to his knees on the ground.
- Now he dropped the sword and she brought her knee up into the man's groin.
- 3 (AmE) (barrier) escollera (f)More example sentences
- It is characterized by heavy, load-bearing masonry, the round-headed arch and its derivatives, the groin, and barrel vaulting.
- Gilt threads glittered in the weave of pennants and tapestries and high overhead a gold-trimmed groin vault shouldered off the arches of a marble ceiling.
- The corridor opened into a T-junction in a groin vault serving as a landing for a broad, dimly-lit staircase.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.