- 1 (Anatomy) she kneed him in the groinle dio un rodillazo en la entrepiernaExample sentences
- The defender's right elbow is locked and her hand cannot strike the attacker's groin.
- The heavy man clutched his groin in pain and fell to his knees on the ground.
- Now he dropped the sword and she brought her knee up into the man's groin.
- 2 (Architecture) (before noun) groin vaultExample sentences
- It is characterized by heavy, load-bearing masonry, the round-headed arch and its derivatives, the groin, and barrel vaulting.
- Gilt threads glittered in the weave of pennants and tapestries and high overhead a gold-trimmed groin vault shouldered off the arches of a marble ceiling.
- The corridor opened into a T-junction in a groin vault serving as a landing for a broad, dimly-lit staircase.