Translation of grotesque in Spanish:
- 1.1 [creature/deformity/appearance] grotesco it seems to us grotesque that … nos parece atroz que … a grotesque distortion of the truth una burda tergiversación de la verdadExample sentences1.2 [Art/Arte] [art/style] grotesco
- Poverty is ugly and the most grotesque form of slavery.
- The one true romance has had its legs cut out from under it; we are left with the ugly, grotesque caricature of lust that drives these two to their ultimate doom.
- Even the tots wore their costumes and enjoyed the fun, peering through their grotesque masks, and frightening their elders.
- 2 (person) [literary/literario] personaje (masculine) grotesco, esperpento (masculine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.