noun/nombre (plural grouse)
- 1 countable/numerable (bird) urogallo (masculine)Example sentences
- Which was the fastest game bird in Europe - the golden plover or the grouse?
- Pair up female and male black grouse that have no chemistry - the female isn't interested in the male.
- Business as usual is what has driven the greater sage grouse to its precarious brink.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (meat) urogallo (masculine)Example sentences
- Whole roast grouse may still come with game chips and bread sauce but there is game jus rather than over-thickened gravy.
- As we near the beginning of the autumn game season, consider brambles as accompaniments in sauces; with their tart sweetness, they complement perfectly the richness of game such as venison, grouse or pigeon.
- Between you and me, I had too much grouse and red wine last night and mackerel is very good for lowering cholesterol.
noun/nombre (plural grouses)
- (complaint) [colloquial/familiar] queja (feminine) to have a grouse about sb/sth (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) quejarse de algn/algo