Translation of growth in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (of animals, plants, humans)Example sentences1.2 (personal development)
crecimiento (masculine) personalExample sentences
- We found no difference in growth rate or size of individuals as a function of coating thickness.
- In particular, size and growth rate are related to movement behavior in a complex manner.
- They varied greatly in age, size, growth rate, and geographical areas covered.
- It generates a sense of wellbeing and energy and is a powerful tool for personal development and spiritual growth.
- They should also benefit from broader opportunities for personal growth and development.
- The above concepts are useful to guide personal growth and development.
- 2 uncountable and countable 2.1 (of population, city)(of quantity) aumento (masculine)Example sentences2.2 (Business) (of industry, business)
(of profits, demand) aumento (masculine)2.3 (of influence, affection) growth in popularity/importance/statusaumento de popularidad/importancia/prestigio
- A growth in the amount of books on herbs and their properties also begins later in the century.
- By extension, growth in human population leads to an increase in demand for food, water and other natural resources.
- This figure might be viewed as the product of high demand meeting artificially low supply rather than being based on steady growth in rental values.
- 3 3.1 uncountable (what grows) prune away the dead branches to make way for the new growthpode las ramas secas para dejar crecer los brotes nuevosseveral days' growth of bearduna barba de varios días3.2 countable (Medicine)Example sentences
- This is the start of a cancerous growth, or cancer tumour.
- Often called the silent killer, colon cancer is believed to begin when polyps or small benign growths evolve into cancer.
- Fibroids are benign growths (not cancer) in the muscular wall of the uterus.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.