Translation of gruff in Spanish:
adjective -er, -est
- He suddenly felt a rough rope around his neck and a gruff voice said to him, ‘Let go of the globe.’
- Dave has a big, deep, booming gruff voice - that sounds like he gargles with gravel every single morning.
- He'd been traveling all day and was looking for a good place to make camp when he heard the gruff voices laughing and talking loudly.
- I responded nay, three times nay, though my manner had become rather gruff, and I was curt with them.
- It is his kind, if rather terse and gruff manner that has turned his shop into an excellent meeting place for people and ideas.
- His gruff manner always belied a kindness in him that all his close friends knew he had.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.