Translation of guard's van in Spanish:
- (British English) (Railways)Example sentences
- A train left the railway station with the pay for the North Eastern Railway officials in the guard's van at the rear of the train.
- But Martin Forwood, a campaigner from Cumbrians Opposed to a Radioactive Environment, pointed out that BNFL had earlier axed guard's vans from the trains, leaving drivers to cope with any accident on their own.
- Kendall explained why these rail trips were so popular: ‘They ran special trains from Paris, but these were real party trains, lots of drinking and the use of the guard's van for dancing.’
Definition of guard's van in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.