Translation of guard's van in Spanish:
- (British English) (Railways)
furgón (masculine) de colaExample sentences
- A train left the railway station with the pay for the North Eastern Railway officials in the guard's van at the rear of the train.
- But Martin Forwood, a campaigner from Cumbrians Opposed to a Radioactive Environment, pointed out that BNFL had earlier axed guard's vans from the trains, leaving drivers to cope with any accident on their own.
- Kendall explained why these rail trips were so popular: ‘They ran special trains from Paris, but these were real party trains, lots of drinking and the use of the guard's van for dancing.’
Definition of guard's van in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.