Translation of guardian in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of child) tutor, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.2 (protector) guardian (
- Children go into care when their current parent or guardian is unable to look after them, or if the child's health, safety or well-being is at risk.
- The freedom from coercion to have or to adopt a religion or belief and the liberty of parents and guardians to ensure religious and moral education cannot be restricted.
- Corporal punishment of children occurs primarily during the education process or at the hands of parents or guardians.
ofsth) defensor, (masculine, feminine) or custodio, (masculine, feminine)( dealgo)Example sentences
- Individual rights can be protected only by independent guardians operating in the public light.
- As self-appointed guardians of public sensibility, these organisations get to draw the line on what is acceptable.
- When the putative guardians of public morality put the screws to crime and horror comics, distributors refused to put them on newsstands.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas