Translation of guardian in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of child) tutor, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.2 (protector) guardian (
- Children go into care when their current parent or guardian is unable to look after them, or if the child's health, safety or well-being is at risk.
- The freedom from coercion to have or to adopt a religion or belief and the liberty of parents and guardians to ensure religious and moral education cannot be restricted.
- Corporal punishment of children occurs primarily during the education process or at the hands of parents or guardians.
ofsth) defensor, (masculine, feminine) or custodio, (masculine, feminine)( dealgo)Example sentences
- Individual rights can be protected only by independent guardians operating in the public light.
- As self-appointed guardians of public sensibility, these organisations get to draw the line on what is acceptable.
- When the putative guardians of public morality put the screws to crime and horror comics, distributors refused to put them on newsstands.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.