Translation of guardrail in Spanish:
- 1 (in staircase) barandilla (feminine), barandal (masculine); (in roads etc) barrera (feminine) de seguridad or de protecciónExample sentences
- The vehicle skidded and collided with the interstate guard rail.
- Above us, the guard rail of the elevated east-bound lane was shredded, making it look like the Lincoln had torn through it and nose-dived into the bus.
- The driver lost control under icy road conditions, the van hit the guard rail and flipped over.
- 2 (British English/inglés británico) [Railways/Ferrocarriles] contracarril (masculine)Example sentences
- With the boat beached and the bow tilted up, a guard rail prevented him from taking aim at the enemy.
- It was amazing to see men, women, and children alike chasing the moving bus, hopping on to the steps, then pulling themselves into the vehicle by using the guard rail or the door as a level of sorts.
- If not, consider putting up a guard rail or steel posts to reduce this risk.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the