- 1 (in staircase) barandilla (f), barandal (m); (in roads etc) barrera (f) de seguridad or de protecciónMore example sentences
- The vehicle skidded and collided with the interstate guard rail.
- Above us, the guard rail of the elevated east-bound lane was shredded, making it look like the Lincoln had torn through it and nose-dived into the bus.
- The driver lost control under icy road conditions, the van hit the guard rail and flipped over.
- 2 (British English/inglés británico) [Railways/Ferrocarriles] contracarril (masculine)More example sentences
- With the boat beached and the bow tilted up, a guard rail prevented him from taking aim at the enemy.
- It was amazing to see men, women, and children alike chasing the moving bus, hopping on to the steps, then pulling themselves into the vehicle by using the guard rail or the door as a level of sorts.
- If not, consider putting up a guard rail or steel posts to reduce this risk.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)