- 1 (in staircase) barandilla (feminine), barandal (masculine); (in roads etc) barrera (feminine) de seguridad or de protecciónMore example sentences
- The vehicle skidded and collided with the interstate guard rail.
- Above us, the guard rail of the elevated east-bound lane was shredded, making it look like the Lincoln had torn through it and nose-dived into the bus.
- The driver lost control under icy road conditions, the van hit the guard rail and flipped over.
- 2 (British English/inglés británico) [Railways/Ferrocarriles] contracarril (masculine)More example sentences
- With the boat beached and the bow tilted up, a guard rail prevented him from taking aim at the enemy.
- It was amazing to see men, women, and children alike chasing the moving bus, hopping on to the steps, then pulling themselves into the vehicle by using the guard rail or the door as a level of sorts.
- If not, consider putting up a guard rail or steel posts to reduce this risk.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The PAN (Partido de Acción Nacional) is the political party that won the Mexican general elections in 2000, breaking the Partido Revolucional Institucional's record of 71 years in power. PRI - Partido Revolucionario InstitucionalPAN was founded in 1939 as a conservative alternative to President, Lázaro Cárdenas. It presents an image of being a defender of popular causes, but takes an individualistic approach to matters of education and property. Its traditional policies include limiting state intervention in the economy to a minimum and bringing about a greater rapprochement between the government and the church.