- 1 1.1 (visitor)(staying overnight) invitado (-da) (masculine, feminine)we had guests
huésped (masculine or feminine)
alojado (-da) (masculine, feminine) (Chile)teníamos invitadosguest of honor
teníamos visita(s)invitado de honorExample sentences1.2 (in restaurant, on journey etc) be my guest!may I borrow your pen? — be my guest!
¿me prestas el bolígrafo? — ¡por supuesto! or ¡(no) faltaba or faltaría más!Example sentences
- On special occasions or when guests are visiting, the Vietnamese serve rice wine, beer, soft drinks, or coffee.
- KT would sleep in the guest bedroom when she visited.
- On some occasions the guest lists have appeared wilfully eclectic.
- It will cover pecuniary and non-pecuniary damage to hotel and restaurant guests, customers and visitors.
- And then I thought, but the true stars are this restaurant's fine guests - you, mes amis.
- Most restaurants cater to guests, but the idea of making sure employees are happy, too, is a rather unique concept.
- 2 (in hotel)Example sentences
- A surge in the number of foreign guests staying in Japanese hotels has pushed up occupancy rates at leading hotels and bolstered their bottom lines.
- No apartments were available and most hotels permitted a guest to stay only 5 days.
- However, he had infected his brother-in-law, two nurses in the hospital, and seven guests who had stayed on the same floor of the hotel.
- 3 (non-member) (before noun) guest night(velada en que los socios de un club pueden llevar invitados)guest speakerconferenciante invitado (-da) (masculine, feminine)
orador invitado (oradora invitada) (masculine, feminine)
- 4 (Radio, Television) guest artistExample sentences
- He recently completed a 60-date UK stage tour, and is a regular guest on radio and television.
- It also offers an easily accessible interview facility for radio and television guests.
- In addition to writing on the subject of school choice, Merrifield is a frequent guest on television and radio programs in which the issue is discussed and debated.
- aparecer como invitadoI've been invited to guest on his showvoy a aparecer como invitado en su showExample sentences
- His first break came when he guested on the popular Radio Eireann programme ‘Ceili House’ many years ago.
- As well as his impending appearance on BBC television he will also be guesting on BBC Radio Ulster for a week, presenting one of their regular music and chat shows.
- Tomorrow, I shall be mostly guesting on the B3ta radio show on Resonance FM in the London area, with a large folder containing various tales of mirth and woe for anyone foolish enough to be listening.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.