Translation of guffaw in Spanish:
- he gave a loud guffawsoltó una gran risotada or carcajadathe suggestion was received with guffaws of laughterla sugerencia fue recibida con risotadasExample sentences
- Bleak as the film is, there is occasional respite in the script, drawing wry smiles rather than hearty guffaws.
- The sergeant, getting a pair of scissors, soon freed the car from its encumbrance, upon which the householder and the lodgers burst into loud guffaws of laughter.
- Such a remark ordinarily would deserve no more than a hearty guffaw.
- Example sentences
- As you sit in a small, black theatre watching a contemporary dance piece, the woman beside you sighs with knowing delight, while the man behind you heartily guffawed about five minutes ago, but who knows why?
- Her husband, also a film star, most laid back, most charming and who I was meeting for the first time, guffawed loudly and candidly acted out an impromptu spiel for me.
- Then a strange bloke started to hover near us (not literally although that would have been fun!) and every time I laughed he quietly guffawed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.