Translation of guild in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of workers)(History)the Screen Actors' Guild (in US)1.2 (club, society)el Sindicato de Actores de CineExample sentences
- The right model for the teacher unions is the medieval craftsman guilds, the hallmarks of which were professional ability and demonstrated accomplishment.
- Since medieval times, the merchants in most towns in Europe had organized themselves into guilds, just like craftsmen.
- Four decades after Rerum Novarum, the Vicar of Christ on earth preached as his only response to the Depression cooperation between management and labour through the resurrection of medieval guilds.
- If teachers were represented by some kind of professional association, like a guild or trade union, we could avoid all the misery this government is bringing into our schools.
- This was typical modesty of a sort not that common in our guild.
- The guilds and unions in the American film industry are still strong, and have the clout (in theory) to protect their workers against the depredations of management, and against their own love of the Job.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.